If you are planning a trip to Paris, why not rent?
Here are 5 good reasons why renting our apartment will make your vacation more memorable :
1. Location Location Location
Most affordable hotels are far from the center, not only will lose time in transit, but if you're unfamiliar with the public transport system it can be a real pain. Fortunately, we are situated in the most centric and important part of the city, on an island on the Seine river. The island is called Ile de la Cite and it's the site of the original settlement of the Parisii tribe and the birthplace of Paris as we know it! Also home to the following famous historic monuments:
- The breathtaking Notre Dame Cathedral is right around the corner (3 minutes walking or 0.2 miles). This most famous monument needs no introduction. Don't miss the 387 steps up to Quasimodo's bell tower with panoramic views of the city and an up close encounter with its gargoyles. Daily masses and classical music concerts are held here daily.
- La conciergerie is the former royal palace turned dungeon, who's famous inmates included Marie Antoinette before she went to the guillotine. It is open to visitors daily and often has temporary exhibitions and concerts in its medieval halls.
- Saint-Chapelle is a signifigant medieval chapel which holds the largest expanse of stained glass in the world, depicting a narrative of the bible. The acoustics are incredible and enjoying an evening concert of classical music here (nightly march - oct.) cannot be missed.
- The crypt is an underground archeological site/museum where you can explore the preserved Gallo-Roman and medieval ruins of the city. There are also models of the city from the time of Parisii tribe up to the time of the Romans when Paris was known as Lutèce, from the Roman name Lutetia (from which our apartment gets its namesake).
Located halfway between the fashionable Right Bank and the elegant Left Bank of the river, you can enjoy exploring by foot the contrasting areas of this ancient city on either side of the Seine.
2. Breathtaking views
Are you tired of views on nothing, or worse, the neighbors bathroom? Do you want to be able to walk freely around the apartment and nobody can see in? Since the apartment is right on the Seine river you will have your privacy while enjoying unobstructed views on the passing boats and on one of the most beautiful Renaissance palaces in Paris, the Hotel de Ville (now the Mayor's office). From the almost floor-to-ceiling windows you will also see on your left the Arcole bridge, the first wrought-iron bridge constructed in Paris which connects the Ile de la cité island with the Right bank, and you'll see the St. Louis bridge on your right, which leads to the Ile St. Louis island. Enjoying the surrounding panorama of the oldest part of Paris is a pastime you can enjoy without ever leaving your room. It will make your laid-back breakfasts and romantic candle-lit dinners all that much more special.
2. Unbeatable Comfort you won't find in any hotel
We are avid travelers too and we know that a bad night's sleep on a really hard, lumpy mattress with a limp pillow can really ruin your trip. We've spared no expense in order for you to have the most satisfying night's sleep! The bed is very comfortable (not too hard, not too soft, just right!), the top quality down comforter and down pillows (alternative available for those with feather allergy) will help you get your best nights sleep so you can be in good form to spend the day seeing the sights. There's no noise from the street, no cleaning ladies knocking on your door and no need to rush to get to the awful, overpriced breakfast buffet. The apartment feels like an oasis of calm where you will really feel at home.
4. Luxurious furnishings and modern amenities
Apart from the aforementioned comfortable bed, there are also big comfy chairs to recline in, plenty of closet space and suitcase storage, a large marble shower with vintage-looking chrome fixtures and a beautiful ceramic pedestal sink and suspended toilet. You'll have plenty of hot water, a heated towel rack and a cozy electric fireplace for extra warmth in winter and a high-speed fan and the breeze from the Seine river to keep you cool during the mild Parisian summers. We provide high thread count cotton linens and towels, a hairdryer, plug adapters, a laptop, guidebooks, maps, novels, magazines, DVDs, and CDs so you don't have to bring anything extra from home. There's a TV with free wifi and a telephone that you can use to call the US and Canada for free through the dsl (ask us the low rate for other countries). In the kitchen you will find all the utensils, pots, pans and tableware necessary to create a gourmet meal. There is a combination oven-mircrowave to heat up a dish or bake a pizza, two ceramic glass cook tops, a fridge-freezer combo and a washer-dryer combo and iron so you don't have to bring too many outfit changes. We've thought of everything so you can just relax and enjoy the ride.
5. You have total freedom (but we're there for you too)
It's nice to get a warm welcome after a long-haul flight, most hotel receptionists in Paris are rude. There's no real customer service because seeing that Paris is the most visited place in the World (almost 8mil in 2011), they know they'll always be full. We will always welcome you with a smile as we are genuinely pleased for you to be our guests! You enjoy getting to know each and every one of you and we love it when you return year after year! We will be happy to give you the best advice as to where to go, what to see and where to eat, from a local's p.o.v., no tourist traps! You will also feel at ease knowing that we're a phone call away and available to help you with what ever obstacle may come your way. You can come and go as you please, you have the key to your own place in Paris!